- Pingomart takes your privacy seriously. We comply with all data protection/privacy laws which apply to us.
- While providing you with the Services or access to the Platform (as defined in the Terms of Services), we will be collecting, using, disclosing, and/or processing data, including your personal data.
- You can visit the Platform and browse without having to provide personal details. However, you will be required to sign up for an account if you wish to use the Services.
- If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints concerning your personal data, please contact our Customer Support Specialist via email or support hotline.
a) Personal Data means any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual/human being.
b) While your use of the Platform and the provision of the Services, we may collect personal data from you, which includes but is not limited to:
- Identity Data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth
- Proof of Business Registrations and other supporting documents required to onboard a merchant.
- Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers, Account data, such as bank account and payment details
- Transaction data, such as details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from the platform
- Digital data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform
- Profile data, such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage data, such as information on how you use the Platform, products, and Services or view any content on the Platform.
- Location data, such as when you capture and share your location with us in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content to the Platform.
- Biometric data, such as fingerprint and finger vein files when you use our bio pay function, and facial images when you upload videos of yourself to the Platform
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
c) While you use the Platform and the provision of the Services, we may receive and manage some personal data, while you or any:
- Create a member or merchant account
- Apply for any of the Services or purchase any products available on the Platform
- Use any of the features or functions available on the Platform or Services, including the recording of any user-generated content to be uploaded on the Platform
- Enroll and/or Participate in a competition, promotion, or survey
- Do any activity on the Platform
- Third-party lodges a complaint against you or the data you have put on the Platform
- Play lucky draws, games on the Platform
- Interaction with us offline, including when you interact with our outsourced customer service agents
e) You must only submit personal data which is accurate and not misleading, and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes to the personal data you have provided to us. We shall have the right to request for documentation to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our customer/merchant verification processes
g) You may access and update your personal information submitted to us at any time using your profile section.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
The personal data we collect from you or via third parties may be used by us, or shared with or transferred to third parties (including related companies, third-party service providers and their service providers and related companies, third-party sellers, and companies located both inside and outside your location), for certain purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Provide access to the Platform, including responding to your feedback, grievance, claims or disputes through our in-house or outsourced customer service agents
- Submit orders through the Platform
- Payments via the platform for products, whether sold by us or a third-party seller, will be processed by our agent
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform, whether sold by us or a third-party seller. We may pass your personal information on to a third-party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier), whether the product is sold through the Platform by us or a third party seller
- To update you on the delivery of the products, whether sold through the Platform by us or a third-party seller and for customer support purposes
- To compare information, and verify with third parties to ensure that the information is accurate
- To manage members/merchant account
- Verify and carry out financial transactions concerning payments you make online or via a Phone application
- Audit the downloading of data from the Platform
- To improve the layout or content of the pages of the Platform and customize/personalize them for users
- Identify visitors on the Platform
- Research our users’ demographics and behaviour
- Provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third-party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes
- Allow other users to identify you via the "Find my friends" (or similar function) as a user of the Service, to allow you to find other users and to connect with them on the Platform, and to support the socializing function of the Services
- Promote the Services and use information that you give to us, such as user-generated content (including video content) that you can choose to broadcast on our Platform, as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- Manage and process any complaints, feedback, enforcement action and take-down requests concerning any content you have uploaded to the Platform
- Display on scoreboards on the Platform concerning campaigns, lucky draw, games, or any other activity
- Derive further attributes relating to you based on personal data provided by you (whether to us or third parties), to provide you with more targeted and/or relevant information or products
- We may also use your personal information to send you marketing or promotional materials about our or third-party sellers’ products and services from time to time unless you choose to opt-out from receiving these materials
- We may also conduct automated decision-making processes following any of these purposes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and consent to Pingomart sharing anonymized information such as but not limited to in the following circumstances:
- Aggregated information. We may conduct joint data analytics projects with selected third-party providers using anonymized information to predict user interests and provide users with more targeted and/or relevant information based on aggregated information about that user’s activities outside the Platform
- Behavioural-based advertising. We may collaborate with selected third parties using anonymized information to derive certain models that would facilitate more accurate advertising to selected users
- You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and our related companies.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests
Updating Your Personal Data
- The personal data you provide to us must be accurate and complete for you to continue using the Platform and for us to provide the Services. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal data, or in the event, you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.
- You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the Platform. If you are unable to update your personal data through your account, you can do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer through our Contact Us page.
- We take steps to share the updates to your personal data with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal data if your personal data is still necessary for the above-stated purposes.
Accessing Your Personal Data
- If you would like to request information about your personal data which we have collected, or enquire about the ways in which your personal data may have been used, disclosed or processed by us within the past year, please contact our Data Protection Officer through our Contact Us page. To facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request.
- We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal data records. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- Our team will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. If we are unable to respond to your request within twenty-one (21) days from the date of your request, we will inform you in writing. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the applicable data protection laws)
Security of Your Personal Data
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, processing, copying, modification, disposal, loss, misuse, modification, or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures such as:
- Restricting access to personal data to individuals who require access
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Using secure encryption technology when processing your financial details.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Pingomart, please contact our Data Protection Officer through our Contact Us page..
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your Pingomart password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and other data submitted to Pingomart. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately Contact Us and change your password. You are reminded to log out of your account and close the browser when you are finished with using a shared computer
Retention of Personal Data
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
- We will cease to retain your personal data or remove how the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
Children and Minors Under 18 Years of Age
- Pingomart does not sell products for purchase by children under 18 years of age, nor does it intend to provide any of the Services or the use of the Platform to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children under 18 years of age.
- We will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of the Services on the Platform by yourself, users who act on your behalf or any unauthorized users. It is your responsibility to make your own informed decisions about the use of the Services on the Platform and take necessary steps to prevent any misuse of the Services on the Platform
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit the Platform through your computer, mobile device, or any other device with internet connectivity, our company servers will automatically record data that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer or device's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to the Platform
- The pages within the Platform which you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and data searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This data is collected for analysis and evaluation to help us improve our platform and the services and products we provide.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly and to make the Services and the Platform more convenient and useful to you
You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. For more information on how to do so, visit the help material of your browser or device.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Service and the Platform. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
Pingomart 's Right to Disclose Personal Data
As a user of the platform, you acknowledge and agree that pingomart has the right to disclose your personal data to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities or the relevant right owners if pingomart has reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure of your personal data is necessary for the purpose of meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether voluntary or mandatory, as a result of cooperating with an order, an investigation and/or a request of any nature by such parties. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against pingomart for the disclosure of your personal data in these circumstances.